On December 5, 2014, the Adaptive Planning for Flooding and Coastal Change in Virginia: Next Steps for the Commonwealth conference moved the current dialogue forward by providing a forum for the second meeting of the Governor’s Climate Change and Resiliency Update Commission. It also brought together for discussion national, state, and local experts and leaders on current actions being taken to adapt to flooding and coastal change and highlighted key legal and policy matters currently confronting both the public and private sectors.
Post-Conference Report is forthcoming.
- Introductory Remarks & Reports to Commission (1:22:28)
- Second session of the Commission (25:11)
- Senator Kaine's Keynote Address (57:24)
- FEMA, National Flood Insurance Program’s Community Rating System, and Local Government Liability Panel (1:01:13)
- Adaptation: Market Sector Responses Panel (57:11)
- Social Vulnerability Panel & Voices of Adaptation in Virginia Panel (1:39:20)
- Jim Redick, Secure Commonwealth Panel Presentation
- Carl Hershner, Climate Commission Report Presentation
- Bill Lesser, NFIP Presentation
- Shannon Hulst Jarbeau, CRS Presentation
- Kristen Clark, Stormwater CRS Presentation
- James Andris, Local Government Liability Presentation
- Scott Hunter, Comparity Insurance Presentation
- Mike Vernon, Flood Mitigation Hampton Roads Presentation
- Lisa Schiavinato, Strict Scrutiny Presentation
- Erica Holloman, Southeast CARE Coalition Presentation
- Sarah Stafford, Social Vulnerability in Mapping
- Molly Mitchell, Virginia Vulnerability Mapping Presentation
- Curt Smith, Adaptation on the Eastern Shore of Virginia
We extend our appreciation and gratitude to our sponsors, for helping to make this conference possible!