Information, Education, and Services for Veterans and their Families
Saturday, May 22nd, 2010, 10am -2pm
Allen Miller Hall (Mason Business School), Brinkley Commons Room, 101 Ukrop Way, Williamsburg, VA 23186
(757) 221-7443 email@example.com
Veterans and their families are invited to join us for our first annual WarriorConnect resource fair to meet and talk with representatives from a wide range of organizations that provide services and support to Virginia's heroes and those who love them. WarriorConnect is hosted by the William & Mary Law School Veterans Benefits Clinic in partnership with the Virginia Wounded Warrior Program and is targeted at reaching veterans of all eras-from World War II, peacetime, the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, and everything in between-in the Virginia Tidewater and Northern Neck Regions. There will be representatives and information for veterans spanning every generation and conflict and their family members. This event is made possible by a generous grant from the Jessie Ball duPont Fund.
By gathering under one roof, WarriorConnect aims to provide a direct connection between Virginia's veterans and Virginia's veteran-friendly resources by providing information and representatives in the areas of :
- Community Support: Local support groups for veterans, family members, children, etc.
- Counseling services available for individuals, family, children (including substance abuse issues)
- Department of Veterans Services
- Disability Benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Education: reps from most local colleges and universities with financial aid information on GI Bill and the NEW Post 9/11 Educational benefits
- Employment opportunities information, including information on USERRA/ Reemployment issues and representatives from the Virginia Employment Commission
- Medical: Veterans Affairs Medical Center Hampton (OIF/OEF specific representatives will also be available), Tri-Care representatives
- Real Estate
- Reserve Reps from all services
- Retirement: Local Military Retirement Communities
- Survivor Benefits and burial information
- VA Home Loans
- Veterans Service Organizations
... And more
In addition to having direct access to representatives from these fields, veterans are invited to attend several ongoing speakers and presentations throughout the day on a variety of topics, including disability benefits, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Re-employment after deployment and USERRA, Traumatic Brain Injury, and others.
Free and open to the public. For more information and a continuously updated list of participants and presentations, click here.