The Business Law Clinic advises both for-profit or not-for-profit small Virginia businesses on corporate operations, policies, and procedures, as well as proposes solutions to clients’ specific legal problems. The Clinic does not provide litigation services.
Potential clients must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for Clinic services:
- Potential clients must be small businesses within the definitions of and particular designations for their industries as defined by the U.S. Small Business Administration. In no event, however, may potential clients’ average three-year revenue exceed $12 million per year or current staff exceed 100 FTEs (full time equivalent employees).
- Potential clients must have no attorneys on staff. In addition, potential clients must not be in any arrangement with outside counsel that would cause outside counsel to have an expectation of providing legal representation for any matter on which the client wishes to consult the Clinic.
- Potential clients must be based in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Call the Clinic at 757-221-3780 to inquire about our services.
- Once accepted, clients may return to the clinic as long as they continue to meet the eligibility requirements.