VCPC Reports & Collaborative Documents
- The Quick Guide to Resilience, a tool developed by VCPC to create an easy reference for localities regarding resilience issues.
- The PREP Tool, a three-step process to support local governments in establishing a set of resilience priorities informed by level of risk, resilience efforts to date, and best practices in resilience planning. The tool provides a starting point for local governments who have not yet evaluated their vulnerabilities, assessed impacts, identified resilience-building actions, or developed resilience plans to guide future resilience efforts.
- See generally the Commonwealth Center for Recurrent Flooding Resiliency, a collaboration of faculty, staff, and students at Old Dominion University, the Virginia Institute of Marine Science, and the Virginia Coastal Policy Center at William & Mary Law School.
- See generally The Resilience Adaptation Feasibility Tool (RAFT), a partnership between The Institute for Engagement & Negotiation at the University of Virginia, the Virginia Coastal Policy Center at William & Mary Law School, and Old Dominion University/Virginia Sea Grant Climate Adaptation and Resilience Program.
- VCPC staff, with RAFT partners, published an article in the fall 2022 edition of Shore and Beach entitled The Resilience Adaptation Feasibility Tool (RAFT) as an approach for incorporating equity into coastal resilience planning and project implementation.
- VCPC Practicum 1 students provided background research and support for a 2022 report to the General Assembly from the Secretary of Natural and Historic Resources and the Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry entitled Natural Carbon Sequestration in the Commonwealth.
- National Sea Grant Law Center (NSGLC) and VCPC collaborated on a law and policy survey of barriers in the shellfish aquaculture industry
- VCPC was on a team supporting the new Virginia aquaculture resource website for growers, buyers, and consumers, www.aquaculture-va.com