ISEA Alumni Track 2020!
Join us for our 10th Anniversary Institute! The Alumni Track will begin early afternoon on Wednesday, July 29th and conclude on Friday, July 31st at 4:30pm. (Note: This is an earlier beginning time and later end time than previous years.)
Wednesday evening will feature our first-ever ISEA Keynote Speaker, Jack Robinson, parents’ attorney for Endrew F., followed by a reception.
Join your favorite long-time faculty members – Pete & Pam Wright, Jim Comstock-Galagan, Bill Reichhardt, Pat Howey, RoseAnn Duplan – and meet some new experts.
Topics we expect to be included* are:
- Cultural Competence in Special Education Advocacy – Clarice Jackson
- Critical Decision-Making in Client and Case Selection – Catherine Michael
- Making Inclusion Work – Charlene Comstock-Galagan
- Transition Planning – Melissa Waugh
- Systemic Advocacy – Jim Comstock-Galagan, Jaime Vazquez-Bernier
- Advocating for Children Who Are:
- Homeless or in Foster Care – Professor Patricia Popp
- Twice Exceptional – Molly Isaacs-McLeod
- Dyslexic – Clarice Jackson
- Mistakes Parties Make in Due Process – Judge Stacey Bawtinhimer
- Mediation – Professor Iria Giuffrida and Christina Jones
- Strategic Courtroom Tactics in Due Process (Live Demonstration) – Judge Stacey Bawtinhimer, Pete Wright, Catherine Michael, Dr. Anne VanSkiver
- Ethics for Attorneys and Advocates (Ethics credit applied for) – Judge Stacey Bawtinhimer & RoseAnn Duplan
- New Legal Developments in 2019 & 2020 – Pete & Pam Wright
* Sessions are subject to change. Some sessions will be offered concurrently. More to come!
The cost to attend the Alumni Track is $650. Alumni will receive a Certificate in Special Education Advocacy from William & Mary Law School. CLE/CEU credit is pending.
**SPECIAL BUNDLE OFFER**
For attendees staying at our conference hotel, the Williamsburg Lodge, for two nights, the registration rate will be discounted by $50 (to $600). This bundle includes use of the shuttle to and from the Lodge for each day’s sessions and receptions (as applicable). Only attendees staying at the Lodge will have access to the shuttle.
Applicants will be directed to select the appropriate rate upon admission and confirmation of attendance. For anyone whose plans change after initial registration with the hotel bundle, the $50 discount will no longer apply, and full tuition will be charged. Only one discount will be issued per room; if two or more attendees are sharing a room, only the attendee listed as paying for the room will be eligible for the discounted rate. The discounted rate is subject to availability at the Williamsburg Lodge; early reservations are encouraged.
To apply, please send a resume and statement of interest (in other words, an update on your activities since you attended ISEA, and why you want to return this year) to email@example.com.
Space is limited, and we will make admissions decisions on a rolling basis. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Looking forward to seeing you back on campus!