The PELE Clinic provides Legal Advice and Representation in the following areas:Special Education:
- Identification and eligibility for children with disabilities who need special education;
- Evaluation and testing of special needs children, including the parent’s right to an independent evaluation;
- IEP meetings concerning goals and services for children with special needs;
- Creation of appropriate Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans;
- Appropriate placement for children with special needs.
- Representation at administrative hearings, such as Due Process Hearings and Mediation hearings to resolve disputes with the school system regarding special education services;
- School discipline issues, including Manifestation Determination Reviews;
- Out-of-Zone Transfer Requests and school enrollment for students with special needs.
- Transition Services Assistance and Advocacy for students with special needs.