An extensive and comprehensive source for articles and contact information tailored to parents of children with disabilities.
A compilation of special education professionals, specialists, and organizations for every state, and how to reach out to them.
Virginia Special Education Regulations
- Current regulations Effective January 25th, 2010.
- Draft regulations prior to July 7th, 2009.
- Virginia Department of Education's State and Federal Resources for IDEA 2004 page, which includes the department's IDEA 2004 Guidance Document.
- VDOE Parent’s Guide to Special Education (2010). Also available in Spanish.
- Comparison of Virginia Regulations and IDEA 2004 Listing of Virginia-Specific Regulations (Feb. 2010)
- “Your Family’s Special Education Rights” - Virginia Procedural Safeguard Requirements for Special Education (Sept 2013). Also available in Spanish.
- Guidance on Prior Written Notice (May 2013)
- Regulations Governing Special Education Programs for Children with Disabilities in Virginia (January 2010)
- VDOE Directory of Private Day and Residential Schools for Students with Disabilities (2017-2018)
Frequently sought forms from the Virginia Department of Education
- Request for Due Process - DOE form
- Special Education Complaint - DOE form
- Additional forms available at http://www.doe.virginia.gov/VDOE/Forms