The Wolf Law Library is currently open to all members of the William & Mary community. The law school, library, and W&M campus, however, remain closed to the public. Read the latest about COVID-19 and W&M's Path Forward.
Contact the Reference Department at [[wolflibref]]. Contact Interlibrary Loan at [[lawill]]. For general information, please call the Circulation Desk at 757-221-3260.
Everyone is encouraged to follow proper procedures to prevent the spread of the virus. For detailed information about the COVID-19 virus, visit the CDC website.
Services for All W&M Users
- Off-campus access: To access databases and e-Books from off-campus, remember you must follow a link from the library website or online catalog in order to use the proxy server and be recognized as an authorized W&M user off-campus.
- Research help! Research and instructional librarians are available electronically. You can email the Reference department at [[wolflibref]], or a specific librarian. Additionally, the library has a new feature where you can chat with a librarian during the weekday operating hours of the library. The library will also be holding limited, in-person Reference Desk hours.
- For materials from other libraries, law library Interlibrary Loan is available. If you need access to a book through ILL, we encourage you to request page scans rather than a physical delivery.
- Self service! Sign in to the online catalog to check your library account and renew materials.
- Click & Collect: contact-free pick up and delivery. William & Mary Libraries is providing contact-free pick up of library materials for W&M users. Students, faculty, and staff may collect items at the Wolf Law Library. Contact-free pick up is also available at the Swem Library, and at VIMS Hargis Library. Law faculty may select "Personal Delivery" to have items delivered directly to a law school faculty mailbox or office (depending on the number of items).
To make a request for contact-free pick up or delivery through your W&M account:
- In the online catalog, click on "Sign in" in the upper right corner.
- Click on "W&M Users."
- Log in to your library account with your W&M credentials.
- Search the catalog!
- Click on the item title (in green).
- Under "Find or Request," click "Request."
- For contact-free pick up, select "Wolf Law Library" as the "Pickup Location." Journal staff may indicate a shelf number in the "Details" field to have items delivered directly to a Cite-Checking Room shelf. Law faculty may choose "Personal Delivery" for delivery to their mailbox.
Items will be available for pick up for seven days, and then returned to the shelf. If you have questions regarding contact-free pick up or if you need more time, or if your materials are not present when when come to pick them up, please enquire at the Circulation Desk or call 757-221-3260.
Resources for Law Students
- CALI (The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction). W&M Law School student authorization code available on the law library's MyLaw page, or email [[wolflibref]].
- LexisNexis Digital Library for study aids from Lexis.
- If you have not already done so, go to West Academic Study Aids, and select "Create an Account." Once you've set up your personal account, you will have access to a selection of West study aids.
- Wolters Kluwer Online Study Aid Library: online access to hundreds of study aids. Create a personal account to enable additional features such as notetaking, bookmarks, and highlighting.
- Lockers are still available in the library, for students who are working on campus. Locker keys may be checked out for the academic year at the Circulation Desk.
- Current study aids are available for check out at the Circulation Desk, but the Reserve Room is currently closed for browsing. Staff will retrieve reserve books (and DVDs!) requested at the desk. Search the catalog for reserves for law courses.
Services for Faculty
- Scanning readings: If you need course readings scanned from a textbook for your students to access remotely, the library staff can scan specified pages and email you a .PDF. If the library does not own the textbook, we will need to borrow a personal copy to scan. Contact the Circulation Desk at [[lawcir]].
- Document delivery: Library staff can also scan and email articles from law journals, or specified pages or chapters from law library books. Contact Interlibrary Loan at [[lawill]].
Services for the Public
The law library is closed to the public until further notice. Librarians are available by phone or email for help with research questions, but cannot provide legal advice. If you have a Wolf Law Library borrower's card and live locally, you may request items for contact-free pick up through the W&M Libraries catalog, or by calling the Circulation Desk at 757-221-3260.