Masks are required in the law library. Read the latest about COVID-19 and W&M's Path Forward. Everyone is encouraged to follow proper procedures to prevent the spread of the virus. For detailed information about the COVID-19 virus, visit the CDC website.
For general information about the library and its current services, please call the Circulation Desk at 757-221-3260. Contact Interlibrary Loan at [[lawill]] and the Reference Department at [[wolflibref]].
Services for All W&M Users
- Off-campus access: To access databases and e-Books from off-campus, remember you must follow a link from the library website or online catalog in order to use the proxy server and be recognized as an authorized W&M user off-campus.
- Research help! There are many ways to reach the research and instructional librarians for in-person or remote assistance. If you need in-person help, please stop by the Reference Desk (staffed from 1-7pm Monday-Thursday, 1-5pm Friday, and 4-8pm Sunday) or knock on a Reference librarian’s office door for consultation during regular Reference hours. Additionally, you can email the Reference department any time at [[wolflibref]] or reach out to individual librarians. Finally, you can chat with a librarian during regular Reference hours or give us a call at 757-221-3257.
- For materials from other libraries, law library Interlibrary Loan is available. If you need access to a book through ILL, we encourage you to request page scans rather than a physical delivery.
- Self service! Sign in to the online catalog to check your library account and renew materials.
- Click & Collect: Students, faculty, and staff may request items from Swem or other libraries on campus for delivery to the law library Circulation Desk (law students must retrieve law library items themselves). Law faculty may select "Personal Delivery" to have items delivered directly to a law school faculty mailbox or office (depending on the number of items).
To make a request for pick up or delivery through your W&M account:
- In the online catalog, click on "Sign in" in the upper right corner.
- Click on "W&M Users."
- Log in to your library account with your W&M credentials.
- Search the catalog!
- Click on the item title (in green).
- Under "Find or Request," click "Request."
- Specify "Wolf Law Library" as "Pickup Location." Law faculty may choose "Personal Delivery" for delivery to their mailbox.
Items will be available for pick up for seven days, and then returned to the shelf. If you have questions regarding contact-free pick up or if you need more time please email the law library Circulation Desk, or call 757-221-3260.
Resources for Law Students
- CALI (The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction). W&M Law School student authorization code available on the law library's MyLaw page, or email [[wolflibref]].
- LexisNexis Digital Library for study aids from Lexis.
- If you have not already done so, go to West Academic Study Aids, and select "Create an Account." Once you've set up your personal account, you will have access to a selection of West study aids.
- Aspen Learning Library (formerly Wolters Kluwer Study Aids): online access to hundreds of study aids. Create a personal account to enable additional features such as notetaking, bookmarks, and highlighting.
- Lockers are always available in the library, for students who are working on campus. Locker keys may be checked out for the academic year at the Circulation Desk.
- Current study aids are available for check out at the Circulation Desk, but the Reserve Room is currently closed for browsing. Staff will retrieve reserve books (and DVDs!) requested at the desk. Search the catalog for reserves for law courses.
Services for Faculty
- Scanning readings: If you need course readings scanned from a textbook for your students to access remotely, the library staff can scan specified pages and email you a .PDF. If the library does not own the textbook, we will need to borrow a personal copy to scan. Contact the Circulation Desk at [[lawcir]].
- Document delivery: Library staff can also scan and email articles from law journals, or specified pages or chapters from law library books. Contact Interlibrary Loan at [[lawill]].
Services for the Public
Face coverings are required in all indoor spaces on the William & Mary campus. Librarians are also available by phone or email for help with research questions, but cannot provide legal advice. If you have a Wolf Law Library borrower's card and live locally, you may still request items for pick up through the W&M Libraries catalog, by calling the Circulation Desk at 757-221-3260, or by email at [[lawcir]].