Join us each month at the Law School for Wellness Wednesdays: a variety of activities to help decrease stress, enhance focus, and come together as a community. Read this story to learn more about the background of the program. See this semester's schedule, below.
Want personalized coaching? Set up a session with Dr. Judith Johnson, a wellness coach who visits the Law School each week.
Fall 2019 Wellness Wednesdays Schedule of Events (coming soon!)
All Wellness Events take place on a Wednesday at either between 12:50-1:50 PM or 5:30-6:30 PM unless otherwise noted at locations as listed. Please see the Wellness Emails or MyLaw for updates/changes. Detailed descriptions of each event are listed below the schedule. For questions or more information, please contact [[lawwellness]].
- Chair Massages - Come take a break in the Penny Commons for a 5-7 minute chair massage during your lunch break!
- Chair Yoga - Learn yoga and meditation tips and tricks for study breaks that you can do right in your chair.
- CW Bike Ride - Take a break and grab your bike (any kind of bike works, or if you want to run, do that!) and explore CW on two wheels. Enjoy this relaxing stroll around the community.
- Detecting Signs of Distress & Depression - learn about the signs of depression and general distress and what to do if it happens
- Dr. Judith Johnson Personality Session - For this session, students can voluntarily come and take a questionnaire on their personality characteristics. We will score it and each student can receive a profile of their own personality for their self-knowledge and private review.
- Healthy Relationships – Meet with the College’s Sexual Violence Prevention Specialist to learn about healthy relationships and sexual violence prevention.
- Mindfulness Training - Learn simple scientifically backed skills to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Puppies on the Patio - Take a break and play with some puppies!
- Secondary Trauma - the panel will discuss what secondary trauma (also known as "vicarious trauma") is, how it affects us as interns and attorneys. and strategies for self-care. Our panelists will include Professor Tarloski, Dr. Johnson, as well as other attorneys.
- Stress & Nutrition – Come join and learn how stress effects our body and brain, how the brain works using certain foods, how the foods we choose can either help to improve or worsen the effects of stress on bodies, and what steps to take to improve our nutritional intake.
- Stress Week Programming – LHL brings you an abundance of coffee and snacks during the study days each semester, to help you stay relaxed and nourished before finals. Join us in the lobby for all sorts of goodies, and good company.
- Wellness Coaching - Overview and case example of how conscientiousness boosts wellness.
- Wellness Walks through CW - Join faculty & staff as we take some time to walk and enjoy Colonial Williamsburg.
- Yoga - This gentle class will guide you through body opening poses, loosening tension and relieving stress. Moving at a slower pace and holding stretches longer will allow you to relax your mind and your body. Leave relaxed, content, and ready to take on the day! Bring your own yoga mat.
- Zumba - Join us for this fun Wellness program. Zumba is a fitness program that combines Latin and international music with dance moves! Come out and enjoy this FUN full body work out!