The transcript is the complete record of all academic work attempted at William & Mary, regardless of degree-seeking status or program level. Not only does it reflect your academic history, but it also serves to verify and distinguish your degree(s). While corrections could be made (though rare) to a transcript to correct grade or credit hours earned, upon degree conferral the academic record is sealed and no changes will be made.

Official Transcripts
  • Must be ordered through the University Registrar’s Office.
  • A fee is charged for each official transcript requested.
  • Official transcripts should be mailed directly to the third party (such as an employer or a Bar) but may be picked up by or mailed to you.
  • Graduates must order official transcripts for their Bar application via University Registrar’s Office.
Unofficial Transcripts
  • Unofficial transcripts for currently enrolled students and alumni with access to Banner Self Service may view and print web self-service unofficial transcripts.
  • Career Services outlines the procedure to transport the Banner transcript to the Simplicity program for the job search process.
William & Mary does not print class ranks on either the unofficial or official transcript.  If you require a statement of class rank, please contact the [[lawreg, Law School Registrar]].
Transfer Grades accepted towards the William & Mary Law Degree
  • Students must receive permission to visit another ABA-accredited school or abroad program.  Contact the [[lawdeanofstudents, Law School Dean of Students]] when you begin planning this venture for the proper procedure to receive such permission.
  • Students must have all courses approved through the [[lawreg, Law School Registrar]] prior to the end of the host school's add/drop period.
  • Students must receive a "C" or better in approved courses for the credits to be applied to your William & Mary Law degree.  All approved credits earned will be applied as a "P" grade.
  • Students must request that an official transcript showing grades earned at the host school be mailed directly to the [[lawreg, Law School Registrar]].