Transcripts are the academic record of students at the College of William and Mary. Not only does it reflect your academic history, it serves to verify and distinguish your degree(s). While corrections could be made (though rare) to a transcript to correct grade or credit hours earned, upon degree conferral, the academic record is sealed and no changes will be made.

Unofficial Transcripts
  • The majority of your needs for a transcript can be satisfied by printing one from Banner.
  • Career Services outlines the procedure to transport the Banner transcript to the Simplicity program for the job search process.
  • Unofficial transcripts can also be ordered through the University Registrar’s Office for no fee if you are still a student and on campus to pick up the transcript.

Official Transcripts
  • Must be ordered through the University Registrar’s Office.  There is a small processing fee.
  • Official transcripts should be mailed directly to the third party (such as an employer or a Bar); but may be picked up by or mailed to you.
  • All graduates must order official transcripts.

William & Mary does not print class ranks on either the unofficial or official transcript.  If you require a statement of class rank, please contact the [[dmshelton,Law School Registrar]].

Transfer Grades accepted towards the William & Mary Law Degree
  • Students must receive permission to visit another ABA-accredited school or abroad program.  Contact Dean Roberts when you begin planning this venture for the proper procedure to receive such permission.
  • Students must have all courses approved through Dean Roberts prior to the end of the host school's add/drop period.
  • Students must receive a "C" or better in approved courses for the credits to be applied to your William & Mary Law degree.  All approved credits earned will be applied as a "P" grade.
  • Students must request that an official transcript showing grades earned at the host school be mailed directly to Dean Roberts.