Books and Study Aids
Students are welcome to browse the permanent reserve collection, located in the Reserve Room behind the Circulation Desk. The collection exists to support the needs of law students, faculty, and practicing Virginia attorneys. The reserves include popular legal reference materials, study aids, guides, and classic works. Featured items include:
- Textbooks and recommended titles on reserve for law school courses.
- Popular study aid series, including CrunchTime, Examples & Explanations, Gilbert's, Nutshells, and Questions & Answers.
- Law School Legends audio lectures on CD.
- Treatises authored by William & Mary law faculty.
- Virginia Continuing Legal Education (CLE) materials.
Books on reserve generally check out for 4 hours at a time; CDs generally for 2 days; and DVDs in the Feature Film Collection check out for 1 week.
Feature Film Collection
Another special feature of law library reserves is the Feature Film Collection, with more than 2,000 classic films and new releases to provides relaxation and entertainment for students between studies. Popular movies include:
- A Civil Action (1999)
- The Firm (1993)
- Legally Blonde (2001)
- My Cousin Vinny (1992)
- The Paper Chase (1973)
- To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
Students, faculty and staff of the College may borrow reserve items by showing their William & Mary ID card. Williamsburg residents and Virginia attorneys who have obtained a borrowing card from the library may also check out reserve items. Items may be taken out of the library, but must be returned within the specified time period. Members of the general public who wish to use reserve items may do so for a brief period either at the Circulation Desk, or by leaving some form of identification with the circulation staff.