1. To qualify for this program, students must demonstrate that they:
- have completed the necessary legal education required to obtain an LL.B. in a foreign country or to take the equivalent of the bar examination in that country; or
- are qualified to practice law in a foreign country.
2. Applicants whose native language is not English, or who did not earn a law degree from an institution whose instruction is in English, must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum TOEFL score acceptable is 90 (Internet-based total). The minimum IELTS score acceptable is 6.
3. All international students must satisfy the United States governments' requirements for admission into the United States. Admitted international students will complete financial forms to be submitted with their tuition deposit to apply for an F-1 student visa or a J-1 exchange visa. Students will be issued documents to present at a U.S. embassy or consulate when applying for their visa. (For additional information, visit the College's International Student Service website).
4. Submit an application (online or paper format), along with the application fee, academic records, two letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes), and TOEFL or IELTS test scores. The academic records and letters of recommendation must be accompanied by English translations. (See How to Apply for more detailed information.)