Antitrust & Trade Regulation Law Research
by Chris Byrne
For information about careers in this or related fields, see our In-House Corporate Law Career Guide.
Some resources on this page are subscription databases that require a W&M ID and password for off-campus access. See Off-Campus Access to Library Resources for more information.
Lexis and Westlaw require individual IDs and passwords for both off-campus and on-campus access.
To search for books, journals, and audiovisual materials held by William & Mary libraries, use the online catalog.
- antitrust law and United States
- trade regulation and United States
Individual jurisdictions can be searched, e.g. antitrust law and Virginia; trade regulation and Virginia
Library of Congress Call Numbers for Trade Regulation: KF1601-KF1668. Browse the shelves under these call numbers to locate relevant treatises.
To search for materials from other libraries, use Worldcat.
Other Libraries - Links to other libraries and library catalogs available through the web.
- Areeda. Antitrust Law, 3rd ed. KF1649 .A76 2006.
- Disner. Antitrust for Business Lawyers. KF1649 .D67 2001
- Hovenkamp. Federal Antitrust Policy, 3rd ed. KF1649 .H672 2005
- Kintner. Federal Antitrust Law. KF1649 K52. Lexis
- Lifland. State Antitrust Law. KF 1650 .L54
- Posner. Antitrust Law, 2nd ed. KF1649 .P66 2001
- Ross. Principles of Antitrust Law. KF1648 .R67 1993
- Sullivan. The Law of Antitrust: An Integrated Handbook, 2nd ed. KF1649 .S9 2006
- Von Kalinowski. Antitrust Laws and Trade Regulation, 2nd ed. KF1645 V6. Lexis
- antitrust law
- trade regulation
Options for accessing this index include:
- Online: 1980-Present. Updated daily.
- Westlaw (1980-present; contains links to full-text articles where available)
- Lexis (1977-present; updated weekly)
Index to Older Journal Articles (prior to 1980)
The Index to Legal Periodicals (ILP), located in Reference, indexes articles from legal journals, bar association publications, law reviews, book reviews, and legal newspapers.
Ref. ZZ66 .I534
For More Information
For more information about finding law review articles, including older ones, see Locating Legal and Non-Legal Journal Articles.
Full Text Articles (from journals, newsletters, and legal newspapers)
- Hein Online: Law Journal Library
- Lexis: Combined Law Reviews
- Westlaw: Antitrust & Trade Regulation--Law Reviews, Texts & Bar Journals
- Westlaw: Antitrust & Trade News
- Westlaw: Combined Law Reviews, Texts & Bar Journals
Specialized journals on antitrust and trade regulation include:
- Antitrust Law Journal
- Westlaw (selected coverage 1986-present)
- Antitrust Law & Economics Review
- Antitrust Bulletin
- Yale Journal on Regulation
- CCH Trade Regulation Reporter - Covers laws and rules of antitrust and trade regulation at the federal and state levels. This includes official court and administrative decisions, legislation, advisory material, regulation, policy pronouncements,case settlements, and other developments in the field.
- BNA Antitrust & Trade Regulation Report: Covers weekly significant judicial, legislative, administrative, and regulatory actions affecting enforcement of competition and deceptive trade practice law, and news and comment on private and public enforcement suits and initiatives of the Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission, state attorneys general, foreign countries, consumer groups, and the manufacturing and service sectors.
- Antitrust Report: Contains articles on U.S. or foreign antitrust law and covers recent developments in antitrust law including cases.
- Lexis (1998-present)
- Print Location: KF1645 V62
- FTC Watch: A current awareness service which chronicles the activities of the FTC and antitrust division of the DOJ.
- Lexis (1990-present)
- LawTrio: A searchable database that contains listings of over 7500 legal looseleafs and newsletters in print.
- The Trade Regulation Library includes case law, proposed and enacted legislation, and regulations. Selected secondary sources include journal articles (e.g., Antitrust Law Journal (1981-present)) and newsletters (e.g, Antitrust & Trade Regulation Report (1982-present)).
- USCS - Titles 15, 18, 21, 28
- CFR - Titles 16, 28
- Federal Register - Trade
- Federal Trade Commission Decisions
- Federal and State Trade Cases
The Antitrust & Trade Regulation Law Practice-Area Materials include current and proposed federal legislation, regulations, and court decisions. Selected secondary sources include journal articles (e.g., Antitrust Law Journal (selected coverage 1982-1984, full coverage 1984-present)); and newsletters.
- Federal Antitrust & Trade Regulation - Code and Regulations
- Federal Antitrust & Trade Regulation - Federal Trade Commission Decisions
- Federal Antitrust & Trade Regulation - Federal Cases-All Courts
Business Source Complete
Full text journals in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, accounting, finance and economics.
Contains subject indexing and abstracts of economic journals and over 500 collective volumes per year, plus books, dissertations, and working papers.
Contains business and news information from one of the leading business information providers.
Department of Justice--Antitrust Division
The DOJ Antitrust Division web page contains full-text public documents including guidelines and policy statements, statutory provisions and division guidelines, appellate briefs, business reviews, health care news, international documents, press releases speeches, testimony, and comments.
Federal Trade Commission
The Federal Trade Commission enforces a variety of federal antitrust and consumer protection laws. Its web site includes commission actions, advisory opinions, guidelines, news releases, testimony, and speeches.
Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics
This site contains the online version of the Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics. It is made available on a SUNY Albany server. The site includes data about all aspects of criminal justice including antitrust statistics.
ABA Antitrust Law Section
The Antitrust Section offers a forum for ongoing analysis of policies and developments affecting competition and consumer protection law.
321 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60654-7598
The American Antitrust Institute
The American Antitrust Institute is a national Washington-based independent non-profit education, research, and advocacy organization, whose mission is to increase the role of competition, assure that competition is fair, and challenge unduly concentrated power in the American and world economy.
2919 Ellicott Street NW
Washington, DC 20008-1022
Other associations may be found in the Encyclopedia of Associations.