Thanks to the Dunn Family, prominent practitioners, judges, and scholars enriched the William & Mary and greater Williamsburg communities. Their presentations to classes and public talks spurred dialogue about contemporary civil liberties matters. Debate and discussion considered the First Amendment, election law, abortion, Supreme Court and federal appellate court decision making, the role of state courts and state Attorneys General, and civil liberties implications of the Trump presidency.
Dunn Distinguished Civil Liberties Speakers for the 2018-2019 academic year included:
- The Honorable Jeffery Sutton, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit;
- The Honorable Patricia Millett, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit;
- Supreme Court advocate and former N.Y. Solicitor General, Caitlin Halligan;
- Supreme Court advocates Paul Smith, Erin Murphy, Kristen Waggoner;
- former ACLU president and NY Law School law professor Nadine Strossen;
- EEOC Commissioner Chai Feldblum.