- Jessica Aber '06 was recommended as a candidate for U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia by Virginia Senators Mark Warner and Tim Kaine. The senators' letter noted Aber has more than a dozen years of criminal justice experience in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia and as Counsel to the Assistant Attorney General of the Criminal Division. Read the announcement.
- Kelsey Ruszkowski JD '19 and Samuel Blanton JD '19 co-authored an article concerning the use of remote technology in legal practice and its effects on the attorney-client and attorney-staff relationships. Read the article.
- Kang He JD '15, with colleagues from McGuireWoods' real estate and land use and litigation team, hosted a webinar on real estate issues and concerns of force majeure, impossibility and frustration of purpose that are quickly evolving from the COVID-19 pandemic. Watch the webinar.
- Amanda Wait JD '04 co-authored a piece, Proposed COVID-19 legislation would pause merger activity. Read the article.
- Erik Derr JD '15 of Kennedys co-authored an article covering Title IX regulations and the increased challenges they pose in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic. Read the article.
See more news about alumni and what's happening at the Law School on the Law School's Twitter feed.
Class Notes has been a Law School tradition for many years and is made possible by the efforts of alumni, staff and class reporter.
We are excited to partner with the W&M Alumni Association for publication in the W&M Alumni Magazine.
Past Class Notes are available to view here.
Changed jobs? Received a promotion? Had a baby? Retirement? Let us know! Update your contact information and keep in touch by submitting a class note for the alumni magazine, sharing a story for the Alumni Brief e-newsletter, or connecting with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.