Third Annual International Writing Competition (2019-2020)
Innovative Legal Issues Likely to Arise from Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things
CLCT launched its annual Artificial Intelligence Writing Competition on September 13, 2019. This popular writing competition is in its third year and CLCT looks forward to receiving the submissions, by December 20, 2019.
All current law students* are cordially invited to submit one paper, which must:
- Set forth the likely issue;
- Explain why it likely will arise and to what degree; and,
- Analyze the probability that it can be readily resolved by the application of existing law.
A submission is not required to contain a proposed solution to the issue; however, any plausible and well-articulated solutions put forward are likely to impress the judges!
Judges will select the best entries that creatively and innovatively address these criteria. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- First place: U.S. $2,500
- Second place: U.S. $1,500
- Third place: U.S. $1,000
The winners will also have the unique opportunity of presenting their papers to a selected audience of executives from Cisco Systems, Inc.
For further details, as well as terms and conditions, please read the Rules [PDF].
* Please see Section 1, “Participants’ Eligibility,” of the Rules for further explanation and exceptions.