May I email the exam to a specified account?
Yes - but ONLY after you have completed the exam, and saved the final version to your machine and to a thumb drive. The Computer Use Policy prohibits opening the Internet while taking the exam.
Are all exams to be uploaded to MyLaw?
May I format my bluebooks or computer with an appropriate header in advance of taking the exam?
Please refer to any instruction by a professor. If no prohibition is given by the professor, you may write the class name and your exam code number on all blue books or may create a header for your typed pages with the exam name and your exam code number and page number (1 of X).
Where can I obtain blue books?
The Barnes & Noble Campus Book Store on DOG Street.
What if I'm late for the exam?
The exams begin at the stated time. If you are late for the exam you will have only what time remains. Your exam will be due with all exams distributed that day for that class. You do not have an extension of the due time because you were late. So....set multiple alarms and/or create a buddy system if you are prone to oversleeping; if you fear traffic problems --- leave for school early; if you fear having a flat tire -- leave early; if you fear parking problems -- leave early; if you have a bad hair day - forget it, no one looks great during exams.
What clock rules?
The MyLaw clock - which should be consistent with your PDA or computer or the classroom clock. Be sure you set your time piece by the designated clock.
What if I have questions during the exam?
Follow the instructions from the professor. If still in a quandary, see Dean Shepherd.
What do I do with the exam questions?
Return the exam questions to the classroom at the time the exam is due. Much as you might enjoy having them for posterity - you must return them to the professor.
Walk me through the exam taking procedure.
- Review the exam policy of the professor; the school policies and the Honor Code.
- Appear in the scheduled classroom at least 10 minutes before the exam is to begin. Check the exam schedule to confirm the exam room, date and time. Note, that the exam may begin without you if you do not arrive to the classroom at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the exam.
- Follow the instructions given by the professor or administrator at the time the exam is distributed. The default instructions include a) do not begin the exam until told you may do so b) count the pages and ensure each page is a distinct page (look for two page 2s, for example) c) do not leave the room to take the exam elsewhere, unless and until you are told you may do so.
- Read CAREFULLY any instructions given on the exam. Look at each page of the exam distributed. Do not assume that pages are blank. LOOK at each page.
- Take the exam; save frequently to a thumb drive and to your hard drive.
- Upload the completed exam to MyLaw by the appointed time.
- Return the exam questions to the classroom by the appointed time. One or more boxes will be at the front of the room to receive these items.
Can I use extension cords if using a computer?
Yes, but only if you ensure the safety of others by not stretching the cords across walking paths. (See Rule #4, Computer Use On Exams Policy.)
Self-Scheduled and Make-up Exams
When is the first date I may take a self-scheduled exam?
Unless defined otherwise by the faculty member, you may begin taking self-scheduled exams on the first day of the exam period.
When is the last date I may check out an exam?
All exams must be completed by 12:30 pm on the last day of the exam period.